Dr. Michelle Haghpanah grew up in Connecticut and moved to the Bay Area in 2004 to work for the California Birth Defects Monitoring Program in Berkeley. Understanding the huge impact that oral health has on overall health, Dr. Michelle returned to the East Coast to study dentistry and completed both general practice and pediatric dental residencies.
During dental school, Dr. Michelle met her husband, Cyrous, a Bay Area native. They have been married for 5 years and recently welcomed their daughter, Ava Olivia, into the world. They also have a very energetic dachshund puppy name Jax. Dr. Michelle enjoys spending time with her family, playing setar and viola, traveling and culinary arts. She also enjoys participating in medical/dental outreaches domestically and internationally such as a dental missions she was on to Guatemala.
Dr. Michelle’s interest in pediatric dentistry comes from her strong belief in prevention and desire to help others. Dr. Michelle double majored in biology and computer science at Fairfield University and obtained her Master’s in Public Health at Yale University. Dr. Michelle went onto complete her dental degree at New York University. Given her love for children and desire to promote prevention, Dr. Michelle completed her pediatric residency at The Mount Sinai Medical Center where she was chief resident. Dr. Michelle is also an Associate Professor at University of the Pacific.
Dr. Michelle believes in building a dental home from an early age. She looks forward to working as a team to help teach and promote oral health.
- Fairfield University, Biology and Computer Science (B.S.), 2002
- Yale University, Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases (MPH), 2004
- New York University, Dentistry (DDS) 2009
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, Certificate of General Practice (GPR), 2010
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, Certificate of Pediatric Dentistry, 2012
- CDA, California Dental Association
- CSPD, California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- SCCDS, Santa Clara County Dental Society
- AAPD, American Association of Pediatric Dentistry
- ADA, American Dental Association
- NYSD, New York State Dental Association
- AAPHD, American Association of Public Health Dentistry
- APHA, American Public Health Association